Terms and conditions
Fempowered is a registered trademark licensed to WaterAid Trading Limited (registered company number 2362892). Trading in support of WaterAid (registered company number 1787329 and registered charity numbers 288701 (England and Wales) and SC039479 (Scotland)).
Terms and conditions
For the supply of Fempowered goods by WaterAid Trading
1. The contract between us
1.1. If you wish to subscribe to a regular monthly order of goods such as the Fempowered box you must register for an account with us as set out at clause 2 below. Your account and any orders made from it will be subject to these terms and conditions. One off orders of Fempowered merchandise (t-shirts, bags etc.) can be purchased, as a guest, without the need to register for an account but are still subject to these terms and conditions. We must receive payment for all goods ordered, or in the case of a regular monthly subscription payment of the whole of the first month’s price for the goods that you order, before your order can be accepted. Once payment has been received by us we will confirm that your order has been accepted by sending an email to you at the email address you provide in your order form. Our acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us.
1.2. This service is only offered to UK residents over the age of 18. If you are under 18 years of age and have placed an order it is your responsibility to notify us immediately via the means expressed under 8.1 below. Your order will be cancelled and any funds paid will be returned to you as per clause 8.3.3 below.
2.1. To set up a regular monthly order from www.fempowered.me (the “Website”) you must register for an account with us. This is referred to as 'set up an account' throughout our Website and literature. The account can be set up by following the instructions on the Website. The account is not a credit account; payment will be required upon delivery of goods.
2.2. To register with Fempowered you must be over 18 years of age or, if you are a business, you must be operated by a person over 18 years of age.
2.3. You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
2.4. You must inform us promptly of any changes to the information that you provided when registering by updating your personal details, via your account on the Website.
2.6. Following your set up of an account, we will email confirmation of your account set up to you. We will also email you to confirm any changes you make into your account. For your records, please print or save these emails and please also print or save these terms and conditions for your future reference.
3. Password and security
3.1. When you register an account with us on the Website you will be asked to create a password. You must keep this password confidential and must not disclose it or share it with anyone. You will be responsible for all activities and orders that occur or are submitted under your password. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password you should notify us by contacting us immediately. We would also suggest that you then change your password immediately through the My Account section of the Website.
3.2. If Fempowered has reason to believe that there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the Fempowered Website, we may require you to change your password or we may suspend or cancel your account.
3.3. In case an auto-login facility is provided by the Website and you enable it, you remain liable for all activities and orders which are submitted to your account (save as stated in paragraph 8.6 below). You should therefore only enable auto-login on your machine if you are sure that it will not be misused by anybody else. We do not advise enabling auto login if you use a shared computer.
4.1. The prices payable for goods that you order are as set out in our website.
4.2. The price includes packaging, VAT and delivery costs.
4.3. We only deliver in the UK.
5. Right for you to cancel an order
5.1. You may cancel an order from the Website made via your account for Fempowered box subscription goods up to 10 calendar days before payment for the order is due. You do not need to give us any reason for cancelling your order nor will you have to pay any penalty if the order is cancelled in accordance with this clause 5.1. If less than 10 calendar days’ notice is given, then the order cannot be cancelled and payment will still be due.
5.2. To cancel your order you must either do that by logging into your account or notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org giving the order number that you wish to cancel.
6. Cancellation by us
6.1. We reserve the right to cancel an order and/or a subscription and/or an account registration if:
6.1.1. you were under 18 years of age at the time you placed your order
6.1.2. we have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered;
6.1.3. we do not deliver to your area;
6.1.4. one or more of the goods you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical or software error or an error in the pricing information received by us from our suppliers; or
6.1.5. at any time in our reasonable discretion or if you breach any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
6.1.6. If we cancel your order we will notify you by email and will credit to your account any sum for unsent products deducted by us from your credit card as soon as possible but in any event within 30 days of your order. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered.
7. Delivery of goods to you
7.1. We will deliver the goods ordered by you to the address you give us for delivery at the time you make your order.
7.2. Notwithstanding the above, we will use all reasonable endeavours to deliver goods within 15 days of receipt of your order and in any event within 30 days of your order.
7.3. You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when they have been delivered to you. Once goods have been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for their loss or destruction.
8.1. If the goods we deliver are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us in writing either via email at email@example.com, within 30 calendar days of the receipt of the goods in question.
8.2. If you do not receive the goods ordered within 30 days of the date on which you ordered them, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us in writing via the means expressed under 8.1 within 50 days of the date on which you ordered the goods.
8.3. If you notify a problem to us under clauses 8.1 or 8.2 above, our only obligation will be, at your option:
8.3.1. to make good any shortage or non-delivery;
8.3.2. to replace or repair any goods that are damaged or defective; or
8.3.3. to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question in whatever refund method way we choose (credit back on your credit card, bank transfer etc.)
8.4. Save as precluded by law, we will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses (including loss of profits, business or goodwill) howsoever arising out of any problem you notify to us under this condition and we shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question under clause 8.3.3 above. This does not affect any statutory rights you might have as a consumer.
8.5. You must observe and comply with all applicable regulations and legislation, including obtaining all necessary customs, import or other permits to purchase goods from our site. The importation or exportation of certain of our goods to you may be prohibited by certain national laws. We make no representation and accept no liability in respect of the export or import of the goods you purchase.
8.6. Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
8.7. You are responsible for ensuring that all items sold to you are appropriate for your use and do not contain any substances that may cause you harm please make written enquiry of us if you want to know any substances used in the products sold and/or in their manufacturing process and/or packaging.
8.8. When ordering tampons, it is your responsibility to read and comply with all instructions on the relevant leaflet(s) included in your box.
Unless otherwise expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all notices from you to us must be in writing and sent to our contact postal and/or addresses and all notices from us to you will be displayed on our website from to time.
10. Events beyond our control
We shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion or accident.
11. Availability of the Website
11.1. We aim to offer you the best service possible, but we cannot guarantee that our Website and the services available on it will meet your requirements or that the service will be fault free. If a fault occurs in the service, please notify us (see below for contact details) and we will correct the fault as soon as reasonably possible.
11.2. Access to the Website may at times need to be restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new features, content or services. We will restore the service as soon as reasonably possible. Please note that in the event that our Website is unavailable, our usual order and cancellation deadlines will still apply; please notify us of changes to your order via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
14. Third party rights
Except for our affiliates, directors, employees or representatives, a person who is not a party to this agreement has no right to enforce any term of this agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party that exists or is available under any applicable law.
15. Governing law
The contract between us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the English courts shall have jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us.
16. Entire agreement
17. Deliveries and Returns
We want you to be happy with your Fempowered products, however, due to the nature of the products we cannot accept returns due to change of mind. Returns for these hygiene products will only be accepted if the goods are faulty, have wrongly been described or you receive an incorrect order.
For all other Fempowered merchandise we will be happy to refund the price of a product.
For all boxes and merchandise purchased at an event we are not able to accept returns or to offer a refund.
Please contact us within 10 days of delivery by email – email@example.com
18. Customer Care Telephone Line and Inbox
Our Customer Care inbox (firstname.lastname@example.org) is monitored standard office hours (09:00 – 17.30) Monday to Friday.
19. Fempowered Giveaway
Terms and Conditions
- The Giveaway is run by Fempowered* and is open to those resident in the UK only and must be aged 18 or over, at the time of entering.
- Employees of WaterAid, and their immediate families and members of households, are not eligible to take part.
- By entering to this competition, you agree to these terms and conditions.
- To enter the competition, you must:
Follow @WeAreFempowered on Instagram and tag 2 of your period-taboo-tackling besties
- The competition opens on 19:00 BST on 12th September 2021 and closes at 17:00 BST on 17th September 2021.
- One winner will be selected at random and contacted directly on the social platform where they have submitted their entry. They will win the following prizes allocated at random by Fempowered:
- Our limited edition Flow on the go kit – including @BeYou anti-cramp patches, @FabLittleBag disposable bags, and a bar of @tony’s vegan almond and sea-salt choc**
- A Fempowered tee of your choosing (depending on stock available)
- A Fempowered face-mask
- One of our celeb-designed toiletry bags of your choosing (depending on stock available)
* For products included in your Flow On The Go Kit, please always read labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming any of the products.
**The chocolate in our box may contain traces of Gluten, Eggs, Peanuts, Milk, and Nuts. Like all Fempowered products, it's suitable for vegans and veggies.
7. The winner must be available to be contacted after the closing date. Reasonable effort will be made to contact the winner by Fempowered. However, if the winner is unavailable, Fempowered reserves the right to transfer the prize to another entrant.
8. The prizes are as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable.
9. Fempowered cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete, not properly registered or recorded or cannot be delivered or entered into the competition for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any server, Internet access, system or any other reason. Proof of sending the entry is not proof of receipt by Fempowered
10. There is no purchase necessary to enter or be selected.
11. If we want to use your name/screen name in our social posts for this giveaway, we will seek your consent prior to this.
12. We may want to use the content you send to us to re-post or incorporate into a new post – organically or for paid social activities. We will seek your consent in advance should we want to do this.
13. We will contact you and seek your consent should we want to repost images that you send to us from our social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @wateraid.
14. In all cases, should we want to contact you, we’ll do so by a direct message on the social platform you have shared your content originally.
Some General Rules
16. The Giveaway is organised by Fempowered, a registered trademark licensed to WaterAid Trading Limited (registered company number 2362892). Trading in support of WaterAid (registered company number 1787329 and registered charity numbers 288701 (England and Wales) and SC039479 (Scotland)). The registered office is at 6th Floor, 20 Canada Square, London E14 5NN). Any questions or complaints regarding the Giveaway should be sent to this address.
Fempowered accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Giveaway or accepting any prize. Fempowered further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to you or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Giveaway. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of Fempowered for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence.
19. Fempowered reserves the right at any time, and from time to time, to modify or discontinue this Competition and its Terms and Conditions, temporarily or permanently, with or without prior notice (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of Fempowered in all matters under its control is final and binding.
20. WaterAid shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation, global pandemics or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
21.The Giveaway and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by English law and entrants submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.